Because of their sensitive nature, all carbon monoxide (CO) detector sensors require replacement after a period of time to remain accurate. All Guardian Avionics / CO Guardian aviation CO detectors feature a self-test at power on for each flight. If the unit shows a failure of the CO sensor upon power up, you must send the unit to Guardian Avionics for replacement or overhaul. Depending on level of use, storage environment, and flight environment, most CO sensors have a usable life of 5-7 years. Though our units have a required Time Before Overhaul (TBO) of Seven (7) years from point of installation regardless of self-test results, we recommend sending in your unit for replacement / recalibration every 5 years during your annual maintenance inspection to assure safety and accuracy of your unit.
Below you will find pricing for replacement or recalibration of your CO detector and the process to send it out.
- Replacement units are factory-new units replacing your existing unit and pricing is based on a core return.
- Recalibrated units are remanufactured units or your own unit remanufactured and pricing is also based on a core return. Note that the refundable core deposits listed for each product will be added to your order and will be refunded upon receipt of your core.
The procedure for recalibration is as follows:
- Remove component and note full model number and unit serial number.
- Apply for an RMA Number at: https://www.guardianavionics.com/rma-request or call 520-889-1177 (M-F, 8am to 5pm MST) - the RMA number will be emailed back to you.
- Order a recalibration or new replacement using the listings below.
- Send unit in under RMA number to: Guardian Avionics, Attn: RMA #___, 1840 East Valencia Road Suite #216, Tucson, AZ 85706
- Once unit is received by Guardian Avionics, the recalibrated or replaced unit will be shipped within 3-5 business days unless specified. Core charge will be refunded.
- Upon receipt of the recalibrated/replaced unit, a fresh 1 year limited warranty applies and the unit has a fresh 7 year TBO.
Are you overhauling an Aero 452-201-006?
The Aero 452-201-006 is a legacy OEM unit that has been replaced by the 452-201-010 - Please order that product from the listing below.
Are you overhauling an Aero 452-101-001 through -009?
These units have been replaced by the 452-101-011, so please order replacement or remanufacture of the 452-101-011 below and add the required harness 452-201-098 to your order for compatibility.
Are you overhauling an Aero 452-201-003 through -004?
These units have been replaced by the 452-201-011, so please order replacement or remanufacture of the 452-201-011 below and add the required harness 452-201-099 to your order for compatibility.